You Are Here: Home»Featured»Giant Loop Diablo Tank Bag Review
Giant Loop Diablo Tank Bag Review
Giant Loop Tank Bag For Dirt Bikes
You may have seen this orange tank bag show up in a few of our recent adventure photos. It has quickly become one of my favorite accessories. It now goes with me nearly everywhere. This is the smaller of the two bags available, the 4 litre design. There is also a larger 10 litre version called the Fandango.
I always seem to be carrying all kinds of stuff around with me when I head out for dual sport rides. Much of it goes in my backpack. The tank bag is a perfect option to take some of that weight off my back, particularly for overnight trips. The smallish design is slim, but holds a surprising amount of gear.
One of the things that I find particularly helpful is the ease of access. It is nice to be able to get at the bag contents without having to remove anything. It does not even require getting off the bike.
So far the mounting system has worked well for all the bikes I have tried it on. The front loops around the frame at the steering head. In the rear there are two loops that straddle the seat and loop around each side of the frame. The bag itself zips to the base that remains on the bike when the bag is removed.
The mounts are solid and easy to use. The zipper allows the bag to go with you without having to remove the mounting base, very convenient. For fueling the bike, simply unzip the bag half way and let it flop to one side to expose the gas cap.
I regularly use it to run quick errands around town. The construction appears sturdy and should last many years. So far I have used it primarily on bikes with a very flat seat to tank junction. It will mount far enough forward that I do not feel it when standing up.
All around I give it a thumbs up.
Diablo Tank Bag Specifications & Features:
• 4 liter capacity (main compartment) vs. 10 liter Fandango Tank Bag
• Slim, trim profile
• Tank Bag Dimensions: rear 6.5″ tall, front 3.5″ tall vs. Fandango rear 8″ tall, front 5″ tall
• Easy on/off
• Bag unzips from base layer to provide fuel fill access and for easy removal
• Rubber and webbing carry handle
• Clear vinyl map top pocket with Phifertex 11.7 oz vinyl polyester mesh bottom to control condensation
• Divider inside (removable) to secure camera, cell phone, etc.
• Lined with high-visibility yellow nylon
• Water resistant Bomb Shell™ construction and material (22oz vinyl coated polyester – trucker’s tarp)
• Water resistant YKK zipper with storm flap
• Beefy YKK coil zipper on Harness
• Diamond-plate vinyl reinforcements
• Designed and sewn in the U.S.A.
• Sewn with military-grade thread to military quality specifications
• Straps: 1-in. Nylike™ webbing with Delrin thumb-lock buckles concealed on harness under bag
• Base Dimensions: 8.25″ X 12″ (same harness as Fandango)
• Additional harness available (not included) to move tank bag from bike-to-bike in seconds
• Edges finished with polypropylene webbing
• Includes seam sealing kit, detailed installation instructions and packing tips
Available in White, Gray, Yellow, Orange and original Black-on-Black, the Diablo Tank Bag retails for $164 and is available from international distributors, as well as from a network of dealers throughout the USA.